Friday, March 27, 2009

Petals 2007


This wine is a German Riesling that I got at Total Wine for $7.00. If you like sweet Rieslings this wine is for you. It has a crisp finish to it with tons of fruits. The one thing I did not like was that the wine was too sweet. A lot of sugar residuals with this wine. I am not a big white drinker and just thought it tasted more like a desert wine. Though I am not a big Riesling fan, some people that like sweeter tasting wines might like this wine. Plus it is very affordable. $7.00 a bottle you can't go wrong, but it is only 10% alcohol. Enjoy! **

3 comments:

  1. Riesling is one of my favorites...and I got mom and dad hooked on a really amazing sort of riesling...


    Gentil "Hugel"

    This wine revives an ancient Alsace tradition that wines assembled from noble grape varieties were called "Gentil". Gentil "Hugel" allies the suave, spicy flavour of Gewurztraminer, the body of Pinot Gris, the finesse of Riesling, the grapiness of Muscat and the refreshing character of Sylvaner.

    http://www.hugel.com/en/hugel.php

    SO SO SO GOOD.

    I have tried this Petals one...and I agree way too sweet. don't like that at all. but thats why I like the Gentil cuz its not sweet, but smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a marti post by the way, didn't sign out of her gmail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review of the wine. You should get that put on the label.

    ReplyDelete